Dr. Hurt Me
At the end of your rope is hope, I say. Fall into that hope today and begin change right where you stand.
The Warning Signs of Prescription Medication Addiction
When my phone rings, a woman is on the other end most often—a mom, a wife, a daughter, a friend. She's calling because of a crisis in her midst; either an event has motivated her to pick up the phone and begin change, or instinct kicks in and does the trick. I tell folks that you know what you know. Your internal alarm is often the first sign to vibrate. "Something is not right," I hear loved ones say. Listen to that voice—then circle the wagons and build consensus around that still small voice. You know what you know, when you know it.
Rx Medication Warning Signs:
1. Symptoms with no concrete diagnosis
2. "Doctor shopping" for numerous prescriptions—when someone wants more medication than one doctor might provide, they will go to multiple doctors to increase the number of prescriptions they have
3. Asking others to get prescriptions for them
4. Shifts in sleeping and eating patterns; mood and personality change
5. Unexplained accident(s) or crisis event(s)
Brad Lamm is a board-registered interventionist, teacher and author. He founded Intervention Specialists in 2004 to help families begin loving change in the face of crisis. His book, How to Change Someone You Love, is helping people across the country with his Invitation2Change method of intervention. To learn more, visit his website at BradLamm.com.
Keep Reading About Prescription Drugs:
How an intervention saved their lives
People living a secret life
Devastating drug addiction