Make this a day to work on your dream coming true.
Look at the list you created yesterday of the five things you need to do to make your dream come true. Start at number one today.
You may only have five minutes today to work on your dream, or you may have 12 hours. It doesn't matter how long you work each day, but it matters that you stay working on your dream every day until you've made it come true. Stick with it.
This is where the hard work comes in. You must work through your plan. Along the way, you will be learning, gaining knowledge, reaching out to mentors when needed and following through on the plan.
The one thing I know for sure is that as you work and grow, so will your plan. People often make the mistake of thinking they have to quit their job, change their life and start again to make their dream come true. My advice is to take your plan and break it up in small steps. Do what you can each day, but use time mindfully so that it feels joyful, not rushed or stressed.
When I created my pottery business, I worked in the evenings and weekends while keeping my full-time job for years. Once I was confident that my dream plans were working, I was then able to move to my dream job full time.
Once it takes flight, your dream will take you places you never imagined. I never dreamed of the opportunities and people I would meet along the way that have given my dream the breath, beauty and life that it possesses today.
A few things to take to heart along your dream journey:
- Your dream matters! We need dreamers and dreams that will make this world a better place. Take it seriously, nurture it, believe in it and believe in yourself.
- Give yourself permission to be you. Stop censoring your actions. Be you, the only you there is. Remember, only you can be yourself. No one else is qualified for the job. Ask yourself, if you don't manifest your dream, who will?
- Have fun. Adopt a sense of humor, don't take it all so seriously and have a million laughs.
- Be an optimist. Embrace a positive attitude because, as Henry Ford said, "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are probably right."
- Embrace your inner child. Do something new, exciting and different! Look at life from a different point of view. Get curious, ask a trillion questions and experience the joy in looking for the answers.
- Make new friends and cherish the old. Make and build relationships along the way that are supportive and helpful as you reach toward your goals.
- Let creativity in your life. Creativity can help you solve problems, face challenges and become a part of the fabric of your daily life.
Get the final activities to finish Week 5.