The notion that one man's treasure is another man's junk is often true, but what does it mean to truly cherish something? This next exercise will help you identify the real treasures in your life, and let them tell their story.
- List your prized possessions.
- Describe how you acquired them.
- What story or emotion do you associate with each of these objects?
- What are your reasons for keeping these items?
- How do you honor these items?
In doing the exercise above, you likely bumped into some common misconceptions and obstacles associated with our stuff. Let's address those...