First, take a lesson from Ganesha, and discover your obstacles to an uncluttered space by circling the answers below that best describe you.
1. Why does your environment remain cluttered?
2. How does the clutter make you feel?
- It is not a priority.
- I can never get around to tidying it.
- I don't know where to start.
- I fear I will never finish.
3. What is holding you back from releasing old things?
4. What would make it easier for you to declutter?
- I am not sure what to keep.
- I'm insecure about making decisions.
- I fear I will need something the minute after I toss it out.
- I am afraid to let go.
5. How much time will I commit to change?
- Knowing I am making the right decisions
- Not regretting losing something
- Knowing that it won't be time consuming
- Knowing that it will really work
6. What does an uncluttered environment represent to you?
- One month
- Six months
- One year
- As long as it takes