Create a profile of the people you want to surround you. Follow these example characteristics and questions to ask yourself the following questions while creating a profile of your ideal relationship. Qualities to think about:
- Should your friend be athletic and fit so you can participate in sports together?
- Does style matter to you? Do you like to be around casual people or get dressed up and go out on the town?
- Would you like your friend to be affectionate?
- Can you most relate to someone who is single, married or has children?
- Is this person honest, funny and communicative?
- Do you want a relationship that is warm and loving?
- Do you want to be around a friend who is casual and fun?
- Would you like someone to share your religious orientation?
- What kinds of spiritual beliefs might this person have?
- Is it important that this person have a spiritual life?
- Is it important that a friend be well-read?
- What kinds of intellectual interests do you have—politics, education?
- Is it important that a friend be well read?
- What kinds of hobbies or personal interests would you like to share - gardening, theater, recipes, crafts?
- Should your friend be passionate about their work?
- Think about the costs of your interests. For example, if you love to travel, does your friend need the means to do the same?
- Maybe you and your friend share an interest in investing and finances.