Many women who watch The Oprah Winfrey Show say they want to find greater fulfillment in their jobs and lives but didn't know how. Get beyond your fears and overcome the obstacles that are holding you back from your dreams. Dr. Linda Austin, author of What's Holding You Back?, says that women often construct their own internal glass ceiling that prevents them from succeeding.
She outlines eight critical choices women can make that lead to success:
- Turn your motivation into real action.
- Learn to take risks.
- Instead of fixing the problem, find the problem.
- Focus your intellectual potential and develop your knowledge.
- Learn to compete.
- Master the art of dealing with difficult people.
- Focus on self-evaluation and avoid blaming yourself.
- Utilize your capacity for connection—it's a woman's greatest strength.