- "Happiness depends upon ourselves." —Aristotle
- "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." —Mahatma Gandhi
- "The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us." —Ashley Montagu
- "Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it." —Jaques Prevert
- "One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats." —Iris Murdoch
Next: "The only joy in the world is..." Find out here.