Many women are looking for love in all the wrong places, Rabbi Shmuley says. Nice guys do
exist—you just have to want
to find them and know where to look, he says. He shares his list of the top locations where women who are looking for serious relationships can meet Mr. Right.
The Best Places to Find a Good Man
- Churches, synagogues or mosques: "There will you find men with a spiritual disposition," Rabbi Shmuley says.
- Bookstores: Here, you'll find men who are intelligent, he says.
- Charity events: Volunteer to work with charitable organizations and attend charity events to find men with heart, Rabbi Shmuley says. "[Charity events] usually draw men with a social conscience," he says.
- On dates set up by friends: Your friends will most likely be discerning in who they'll introduce you to, Rabbi Shmuley says.
- In the military: "The military usually draws really good guys," he says. "They're heroes—men with a sense of mission."
- At work: Rabbi Shmuley says he's not opposed to office romances. "In a serious office are usually serious, hardworking and respectful men who aren't peering down your shirt and they aren't getting bombed at a bar, and they're also right there in your backyard," he says.
- Libraries: These are quiet, contemplative settings that often attract intellectual guys, Rabbi Shmuley says.
- Concert halls: Find cultured men who love music at these venues, he says.
- Weddings: Weddings have a great romantic atmosphere, and commitment phobes usually stay away from them, Rabbi Shmuley says.
- Lectures and debates: Such events usually attract a higher quality guy.
- Coffeehouses and poetry recitals: Seek out the sensitive, nice guys who might frequent these places.
"A good man, while not easy to find, is possible as long as you look in the right places, and the right places mean venues that foster purpose, compassion, hard work and spiritual commitment."