There are as many ways to connect and express your love as there are stars in the sky. I am not talking about the big
stuff like the gift of jewelry or throwing surprise parties. I am suggesting you infuse and nourish your relationship with small, thoughtful, meaningful acts of love. Let your imagination run wild. Be creative, playful, romantic, silly and, above all, be yourself.
- Tape a little love note on the bottom of your loved one's glass of milk or juice. Watch as he or she finds the treasure at the bottom of the glass.
- Start the day off by bringing your partner coffee in bed or with a little love by making heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast.
- Say thank you for the little things you share.
- Be gentle and conscious about creating a relationship and a home that is a safe, loving oasis.
- Instead of dinner at the dining room table, surprise your partner with a picnic on the living room floor or in the backyard if it's a beautiful evening.
- Wrap a candy bar in a note that says, "You're my sweetheart," or "You're the sweetest thing in my life" or "Have a sweet day."
- Leave a little note on the steering wheel that reads, "I love you with all of my heart."
- Have a CD of you partner's favorite music or a book on tape they have wanted to hear waiting on the dash of his or her car, with a note, telling him/her to listen.
- Surprise him or her at the office with a special lunch brought in for two.
- Send a text message that reads, "Thinking of you" or "You're hot" or something sassy and sexy.
- Cut a bunch of flowers from the garden or just one and place in a vase on the night stand.
- Leave a little note under the pillow that simply says, "I love you."
- Create a simple, elegant, handmade card by cutting a heart out of a paper you like (a piece of wrapping paper, newspaper, tissue or floral wallpaper) and gluing it to a blank card. Fill the inside of the card with quotes on love.
Try these ideas and create a million more of your own. Each of these gestures is a small acknowledgment of the love you feel in your heart, and they will resonate with the one you love. I promise you these little acts will multiply in a big way. Simple, heartfelt acts beautifully break through the chaos of your days, infusing them with a gentle order. Time slows, and the person you touch will feel inclined to pass along this newfound sense of happiness and love.
More Ways to Show Your Love
Romantic gestures and sweet ideas for year-round lovin'
5 couples who are making marriage work
How to stay close when you're apart