Can you hear me now? The first thing to do if your phone goes ker-plunk is to get the battery (and SIM card, if there is one) out. Then, dry the phone as best you can, using a paper towel or even a vacuum. Let it sit in a bowl of uncooked rice (really!) overnight; this will draw any remaining moisture out. Finally, put the battery back in and try turning the phone on. (It's better to wait 24 hours after your phone takes its bath; turning it on too soon can cause it to short-circuit.) If all else fails, go to your cell phone carrier and tell them what happened (fibbing won't get you anywhere, since phones have indicators to prove they've gotten wet). Of course, if you have a tough enough phone, you won't have to follow all these tips. The Motorola DEFY
is one that's water-resistant.