Page 1 of 3
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
APPLE INC. IS NOT A PARTICIPANT IN OR SPONSOR OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
BY ENTERING OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. The Oprah.com “Back to School” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of OWN: OWN Digital LLC (“Sponsor”), Harpo Productions, Inc., Target Corporation, Kumon North America, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members are defined as spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes begins on or about 5:00 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on August 1, 2011 and ends at 5:00 p.m. CT on August 29, 2011 (the “Entry Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. There is one (1) method of entry for this Sweepstakes, as follows:
Online Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period, participants may enter by visiting www.oprah.com/backtoschool (the “Website”). Participants may be required to first either sign in as a registered user on the Website or register as a member on the Website (which is free). Once you are registered as a user, log-in to the Website and follow all on-screen instructions to fill out and submit the entry form provided. Each entrant will be asked to submit an official entry form, which may include, among other things, his/her full name, address (no P.O. Boxes), e-mail address, gender, date of birth and related registration information as prompted. Entrant must complete and submit the entry form with all required information for the entry to be eligible. Information collected from entrant via the entry form will only be used for direct marketing purposes if entrant consents to use in such manner. Any requested consent is not required to enter the Sweepstakes and will not increase your chances of winning.
Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period will be accepted. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries originating at any other website are not permitted and may be disqualified. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, an online entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other.
3. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. The potential winner will be selected through a random drawing on or about September 6, 2011 from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winner. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winner will be final. The potential winner will be notified using the information provided during entry by any of the following means: E-mail and/or telephone and/or mail (as selected by Sponsor) in a commercially reasonable time after the drawing. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an e-mail, placing of a phone call, one (1) day after sending via a delivery service or two (2) days after mailing. A potential prize winner who provides a P.O. Box may be required to provide an alternative address and this may cause a delay in notification and acceptance so use of a P.O. Box is discouraged.
The potential winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. If the potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. Parents or legal guardians of a winner under the age of majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Affidavit in order for the winner to be qualified to receive their prize. If the potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
4. Odds. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Values. Sponsor will be awarding one (1) prize package in this Sweepstakes. The winner will receive a prize package that includes: (i) two (2) Apple® iPad® 2 mobile digital devices with 16GB of memory (The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of two (2) Apple® iPad® 2: $1,700); (ii) two (2) cases to hold the iPads® (The ARV of two (2) cases: $140.00); (iii) a selection of Sponsor-selected educational related iPad® applications (e.g., language translator) that will be pre-loaded on the iPads® (The ARV of the iPad® applications: $300.00); (iv) a $500 gift card to use to purchase school supplies at an office supply store to be mutually agreed upon by Sponsor and winner; (v) a one (1)-year membership to an online tutoring web site which provides for three (3) hours of tutoring per month during the membership period (The ARV of the year membership: $1,200.00); (vi) ten (10) books selected by winner from Oprah’s kids reading list pre-loaded on the iPads® (The ARV of the ten (10) books: $300.00); (vii) a $500 gift card to use to purchase back to school clothing at a department store to be mutually agreed upon by Sponsor and winner. The total ARV for the prize package is up to Four Thousand Six Hundred and Forty Dollars ($4,640.00).
Click page 2 to continue reading complete rules »