Plan a Scenic Walk
Channel a bit of "womentum" by planning your own walking tradition, in honor of your mom...and moms everywhere. Some planning tips (and don't forget sunscreen!):
- Wrap up a new sports outfit or running shoes and send the gift, along with an invitation to take a walk with you on Mother's Day morning.
- Scout a scenic route for your walk ahead of time. If you can, drive it or walk it with a pedometer so you can gauge the difficulty level for your mother.
- Before you pick up your mom, gather some treasures and hide them along the route. The items should be personal, like a letter or homemade card, her favorite lipstick, mementos of your childhood (photos of you together, a page from a book she used to read to you), a sunhat with funny buttons pinned to it, a crazy whistle on a chain or maybe a corsage.
- For extra credit, personalize iron-ons for shirts (or just hand-write signs to pin on your back). Yours might read: "I'm walking for my mom, the most beautiful woman on Earth!" Your mother's: "I'm walking for my daughter because she is making me." Ha!
- Arrange for a big group to meet you at your finish line, complete with a round of applause.
Remember, the walking outfit is a nice splurge, and finding trail treasure is a nice surprise, but the gift is really the walk. Be sure to enjoy it! The only thing left now is to walk to brunch!
More great gift ideas for Mother's Day!