Jean talks to Erica and Joani about the complete concept behind their venture and how MomSpace can be beneficial to moms of all ages:
- Joani and Erica call MomSpace a "utility site" as opposed to a social networking site because of the tools and resources available.
- "Our site is based on the whole mom, not just moms with young kids," Joani says. She says there is a tendency for magazines and other websites to target only young mothers, but MomSpace has found that women of all ages want and need help.
- If you take care of yourself as a woman, you're going to be a much better wife, mom and even employee, Erica says. Everyone needs a little "me time."
- On the site, you can look for information on everything from travel ideas to beauty and fitness to home and garden. Often the best tips and ideas come from your peers.
- MomSpace highlights jobs and other work or volunteer opportunities, allowing women to define their careers based on their flexibilities.
- If you are looking to start a business venture, Erica and Joani say to stick to something you know because you will have a much easier time making money.