19 Ways to Connect with Your Teenager
- Visit a make-your-own-pottery place and create a plate for each person in your family, or several pieces to celebrate a special event.
- Bake together. Make ice cream. Create an Italian feast of fresh pasta, bread and tiramisu, with a famous aria playing in the background.
- Bring armloads of comforters, pillows and blankets in front of the largest TV in the house and have movie night, all cozy together.
- Pick your own strawberries and make jam. Enjoy life. It's delicious.
- Build a campfire in the backyard (in a grill or fire pit), and roast hot dogs on sticks and make s'mores with chocolate bars, marshmallows and graham crackers. Sit around, tell stories and enjoy the night air and the flames as they warm your fingers and toes.
- Go miniature golfing together. Set up teams and prepare to laugh as children and adults alike compete for the lowest score. Give prizes to the winners, both old and young.