Marriage and Long-Term Relationships
- A lifelong partner usually does not have all the characteristics of your idealized fantasy lover.
- The biggest enemy of sex in long-term relationships is anger.
- The partner with lower desire always controls the sexual relationship.
- Less than a third of married couples say they have taken a shower together.
- A good long-term relationship includes trust: continuing jealousy means something is wrong.
- You can have fulfilling sexual experiences at 90, if you're healthy and sexually involved at 60, 70 & 80.
- People who didn't like sex much when they were younger tend to give it up after 50.
- People can have fulfilling, active sex lives after they've had a heart attack without risking their health. It's not more dangerous than climbing a flight of stairs—and a lot more fun.