2. Write a letter to the recipient(s).
Pull out your favorite pens and most inviting stationery (letterhead works well). Address the letter to the recipient.
- Describe what artifacts you are putting in the box. Why did you choose these items? What is the meaning behind them?
- How would you like your family member or close friend to remember you? Share an experience you had with them in which you learned a great deal about your relationship with them and what they mean to you.
- What words of wisdom would you like them to adopt or think about? Share some experiences that have given you a deeper understanding of yourself and the world.
- Consider adding entries from your Journal, or dedicate an entire Journal book to the keepsake box.