1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The “Family and Fun at Your Fingertips II” Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older, except employees of Harpo Productions, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Yahoo! Inc. (“Yahoo!”) and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliated entities, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents, and the immediate families (parent, child, spouse, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related, of each of the foregoing. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and shall be governed by Illinois law. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants: (i) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding, and (ii) agree that Illinois courts have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the Sweepstakes and that venue shall only be Chicago, Illinois.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning at 9:00 am Central Time (“CT”) on Friday, July 1, 2011 through 8:59 am CT on Friday, August 12, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), Sponsor will conduct a sweepstakes on the Oprah.com website, located here (the "Website"). To enter, participants can log on to the Sweepstakes page of the Website and complete and submit the entry form online according to the onscreen instructions, including their full name, complete address, daytime telephone number (including area code), email address and date of birth (each individually, an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”). To be eligible, all Entries must be received by 8:59 am CT on Friday, August 12, 2011. Each Entry must be submitted in the name of an individual person and a prize will only be awarded to the person whose name is on the winning Entry, regardless of whether he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry. Limit one (1) Entry per e-mail address.
All Entries received from any e-mail address in excess of the stated limitation shall be deemed void. All Entries will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No mechanical reproductions, mailed Entries, facsimiles, mass Entries, Entries generated by a script or macro, or Entries that subvert the entry process will be accepted by Sponsor and all such Entries will be deemed void. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, stolen, delayed, undelivered, damaged or garbled Entries, and all such Entries will be deemed void. Released Parties are also not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Sweepstakes, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prizes, the cancellation or postponement of the taping, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel this Sweepstakes should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winner(s) for the drawing(s) at issue in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to time of such cancellation. False or deceptive Entries or acts will render the participant ineligible and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering with any Website mechanism, acting in a disruptive manner or violating these Official Rules. CAUTION: Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys' fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
3. DRAWINGS & NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential winner (and, if verified, the “Winner”) will be chosen in a random drawing by a representative of Sponsor on or around August 13, 2011 from all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all participants in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The potential winner will be notified by Sponsor within five (5) business days of the date of drawing via either the telephone number or e-mail address provided on his or her Entry. The potential winner must reply within five (5) business days of date of notification either via fax, email or by calling the phone number provided upon prize notification, or an alternate winner will be selected. The potential winner will be required to fulfill all requirements outlined in section 5 below. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
4. PRIZE (1): The Winner will receive two (2) Apple Ipads® (with covers) and each containing assorted pre-loaded mobile applications (“Apps”), with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of One Thousand One Hundred Ninety-Three Dollars ($1,193.00). No substitutions, transfer of prizes or cash redemptions is permitted by Winner. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not expressly specified herein, including, without limitation, internet service, additional Apps, service plans or other personal expenses or charges incurred. Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by acceptance and use of the prize (or any portion thereof), if applicable. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor’s discretion.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants: (i) agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters, (ii) grant Sponsor, Yahoo! and their designees permission, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residence, voices, pictures, biographical information and likenesses, without compensation, notification or permission, for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any and all manner or media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity (except where prohibited by law), and (iii) represent and warrant that they are not participating in the Sweepstakes in the capacity of a reporter and further represent and warrant that they will not write, blog about, publish or cause to be published any article or book about their participation therein.
In order to claim the prize, Winner must meet all eligibility requirements, and must execute and return certain winner documents (as applicable), including an affidavit of eligibility, tax acknowledgment form, liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release. Winner may be required to produce proof of identity, address and birth date in a form acceptable by Sponsor. Such documents must be completed in full and returned within five business (5) days of date of issuance either via facsimile or US registered mail. Failure to do so or if: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, (ii) a potential winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential winner is determined to be ineligible or non-compliant with these Official Rules for any reason, will result in disqualification of such potential winner and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined, the prize will not be awarded.
Sponsor, Yahoo! and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, prize providers, affiliated entities and their designees, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) expressly disclaim any responsibility and participants agree to hold the Released Parties harmless from liability for any injury, disability or loss to any person or property (including death) relating to or caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly by participation in this Sweepstakes, the acceptance, use or misuse of any of the prizes or services awarded and claims based on copyright, trademark, publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. The Released Parties are also not responsible for any loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from the Website. The Released Parties further assume no liability for the cancellation or premature conclusion of the Sweepstakes for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants.
6. OFFICIAL RULES AND/OR WINNER’S LIST REQUEST: For a copy of the Official Rules and/or the Winner’s List, log on to the Website or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address beginning May 16, 2011: (Please specify "Official Rules" and/or “Winner”) “Family and Fun at Your Fingertips” Sweepstakes, c/o Oprah.com 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 120, Los Angeles, CA 90036. Requests received after August 31, 2011, will not be honored. Vermont residents may omit return postage on Official Rules requests.
7. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Harpo Productions, Inc., with offices at 110 N. Carpenter St., Chicago, IL 60607. Yahoo! Inc. is a promotional partner only.
© 2011 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Published on May 12, 2011
Most Popular Today