If you want to make the most of love, you need to do your homework! Try Dr. Laura Berman's weekly homework assignment, designed to help you improve your relationships—both in and out of the bedroom.
Don't let stress and scattered atention get in the way of your ability to connect. If the demands of your everyday life have you worried to the point of distraction, try these exercises from Dr. Edward "Ned" Hallowell to help you gain some clarity:
Exercise #1: Get Your Toxic Worry Under Control
1. Never worry alone—Talking to somebody immediately reduces toxicity of the worry.
2. Get the facts—Most toxic worry is rooted in lack of information or wrong information.
3. Make a plan—Don't be passive about dealing with what's worrying you.
Exercise #2: Exercise Your Focus
1. Take five minutes to write a detailed description of the house you grew up in (doing so pulls on your remote memory).
2. Take two pens and two pieces of paper, then with your right hand (going in a clockwise direction), draw a triangle. With your left hand (going in a counter-clockwise direction), draw a square. Once you've mastered that, try to do the same thing—making the same shapes on the floor with your feet (doing so pulls on your immediate focus).
Listen to Dr. Berman's advice
See all of Dr. Berman's sex homework assignments
Printed from Oprah.com on Tuesday, December 10, 2013
© 2012 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.