New York, NY – On August 11, 2011, ABRAMS and Harpo, Inc. released the cover of The Oprah Winfrey Show: Reflections on an American Legacy
a list of notable luminaries who are contributing to the book. Copies of The Oprah Winfrey Show: Reflections on an American Legacy
can be pre-ordered wherever books are sold and will be available in stores November 15.
The book chronicles the full 25 years of The Oprah Winfrey Show
with unforgettable highlights and images, as well as essays about its indelible impact and most important themes by well-known individuals across a wide variety of areas and interests.
These contributors include:
- Maya Angelou, who writes the foreword
- Bono and Nicholas Kristof writing on giving and social action
- Ellen DeGeneres, Stanley Crouch, and Henry Louis Gates, Jr., writing on equality
- Julia Roberts and Diane von Furstenberg writing on culture and style
- Toni Morrison and Elie Wiesel writing on books
- Maria Shriver and Gloria Steinem writing on women’s issues
- Dr. Phil McGraw, Mark Nepo, and Marianne Williamson writing on spirit and personal growth
- Bob Greene and Dr. Mehmet Oz writing on health and wellness
- John Travolta and Phil Donahue contributing tributes to Ms. Winfrey
The elegant cover features an image of Ms. Winfrey taken by acclaimed fashion photographer Ruven Afanador.
About the Book
The Oprah Winfrey Show: Reflections on an American Legacy
On Sale: November 15, 2011
Author: Deborah Davis w/ foreword by Maya Angelou and multiple contributors
Hardcover with jacket
$50.00 US / $55.00 CAN
150 color photographs 240 pages / 10 ½ X 13 ½
About Harpo, Inc. and The Oprah Winfrey Show
Harpo, Inc. owns some of the top shows in syndication today including the award-winning series The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Having recently wrapped its twenty-fifth and Farewell Season, The Oprah Winfrey Show
has been the number one talk show since its debut in 1986. It was produced in Chicago by Harpo Productions, Inc. and syndicated to domestic stations by CBS Television Distribution and to 150 countries by CBS Studios International.
Founded by Harry N. Abrams in 1949, ABRAMS is the preeminent publisher of high quality art and illustrated books. Now a subsidiary of La Martinière Groupe, ABRAMS is the publisher of bestsellers such as the wildly popular Diary of a Wimpy Kid
series by Jeff Kinney, the award-winning cookbooks of Alton Brown, and the stunning photography of Yann Arthus-Bertrand’s Earth from Above
ABRAMS publishes books in the areas of art, photography, cooking, interior design, craft, fashion, sports, and pop culture, as well as children’s books and general interest. The company’s imprints include Abrams; Abrams Appleseed; Abrams ComicArts; Abrams Image; Abrams Books for Young Readers; Amulet Books; Stewart, Tabori & Chang; and STC Craft/Melanie Falick Books.