Have you ever wondered how many marriages suffer from cheating? How many couple survive infidelity and how many get divorced? Learn the facts you need to know about cheating.
Infidelity and Divorce:
- 69% of marriages don't survive an affair.
- Studies suggest that only 31% of marriages make it through infidelity.
- 80% of couples who get divorced after an affair regret the decision.
- 17% of divorces in the United States are caused by infidelity.
- Research suggests that 56% of divorces are caused by an obsession with pornography.
- Weight loss surgery patients have an 85% greater chance of divorcing their spouse.
- Studies suggest that 75% of married couples with special needs children get divorced.
Men. Vs. Women
- Recent studies suggest that there is infidelity in 8 out of 10 marriages in the United States.
- 68% of women in the United States say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught.
- 74% of men say they would have an affair if they knew they would never get caught.
- 54% of married men do not know that their wives are involved in extramarital affairs.
- Studies suggest that 70% of married women do not know their husbands are having an affair.
- 14% of married women in the United States admit to having had an affair.
Cheating Types and Results:
- 12% of Americans spend up to ten hours a week looking for sexual encounters online.
- 44% of married men cheat because they feel they are not having enough sex in their marriage.
- 40% of married med who have an affair use an escort service.
- 64% of adults believe that sexting can be an act of infidelity.
- Research suggests that almost three percent of all children are the product of infidelity.
- Studies show that 75% of relationships which start out as affairs end in failure.
- 10% of adulterers eventually marry their lovers.