NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
SPONSOR OBTAINS A NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE TO POST AND USE ANY AND ALL CONTENT SUBMITTED AS PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES.
BY ENTERING OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. Sweetie Pie’s “Give Sweet Thanks” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of OWN: OWN Digital LLC (“Sponsor”), and each of Sponsor’s parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and any other prize suppliers (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members are defined as spouse, domestic partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes begins on or about 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Wednesday, November 9, 2011 and ends at 3:00 p.m. PT on Monday, November 28, 2011 (the “Entry Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. There two (2) methods of entry for this Sweepstakes, as follows:
(i) Online Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period, eligible individuals may enter by visiting www.oprah.com/sweetthanks (the “Website”). Individuals may be required to first either sign in as a registered user on the Website or register as a member on the Website (which is free). Once you are registered as a user, log-in to the Website and follow all on-screen instructions to fill out and submit the entry form provided. Additionally, entrants must submit an essay and/or photographs where the entrant shares a Thanksgiving family tradition (e.g., family activity, fun memory, recipe, etc.) using the tools provided on the entry form that meets the requirements outlined in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Content Guidelines (defined below). For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, a submission is a essay or photograph file that follows the technical, creative, and legal requirements disclosed on the Website and elsewhere in these Official Rules.
(ii) E-mail Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes without submitting a Thanksgiving family tradition, during the Entry Period, send an e-mail with your full name, complete address, home and daytime telephone numbers (including area code), e-mail address and date of birth and send it to: email@example.com. The subject line in your e-mail must read: Sweetie Pie’s “Give Sweet Thanks” Sweepstakes E-mail Entry).
Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Entry Period will be accepted (regardless of method). Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries originating at any other website are not permitted and may be disqualified. All materials submitted become the physical property of Sponsor and will not be returned. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, an online entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other. ONCE TRANSMITTED, ALL SUBMISSIONS BECOME PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND MAY NOT BE REMOVED BY THE ENTRANT, EVEN IF ENTRANT WITHDRAWS FROM SWEEPSTAKES CONSIDERATION.
3. Submission Content Guidelines. Each entry must comply with the following content guidelines (collectively, “Content Guidelines”). Submissions that do not meet the following Content Guidelines are subject to disqualification and/or removal from the Website, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion:
• Only entrant and individuals who have specifically provided their written consent/approval may appear or be included in a submission.
• Except for materials in the public domain, each submission, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material created by the entrant and suitable for presentation in a public forum.
• Photo submissions uploaded through the Website must be in one (1) of the following file formats: .gif or .jpg.
• Essay submissions uploaded through the Website must use the form provided on the entry form.
• Photograph submissions must not exceed four hundred (400) megabytes in file size.
• Essay submissions must not exceed 750 characters in length.
• Submissions must not have been submitted previously in any contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means previously.
• Except for materials in the public domain, submissions must include only materials created by the entrant and must not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity. Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant is grounds for disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Do not copy your favorite movie or book or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your Submission and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor. Entries may not contain brand names, trademarks or company logos.
• Submissions must not include material that: (a) is sexually explicit, indecent, obscene, violent, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, (b) is derogatory or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, (c) invades the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, (d) is unlawful, (e) is harmful to other users of the Website such as viruses, trojan horses or other technologies that could adversely impact the Sweepstakes, and/or (f) is disparaging to Sponsor or is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate (at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion).
• Each submission must not reveal any personal information about another individual, including another person’s address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number or any information that may be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual.
4. Intellectual Property. Entrants, upon submission of their entry to the Sweepstakes, hereby irrevocably grant to Sponsor, and each of its licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit the submissions submitted as part of the Sweepstakes, and all images, text and materials depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised (including, without limitation, CDs, streaming media, film, television, videocassettes, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems), throughout the universe and in any and all languages, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it without having to give any compensation or attribution to entrants except for the awarding of the prizes in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor, and each of their successors, assigns and licensees, will have the right to make unlimited derivative works therefrom, to assign or transfer any or all such rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses. Without limiting the forgoing, Sponsor will have the right to use the submissions submitted as part of the Sweepstakes, and all images depicted therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights (droit moral)” now or hereafter recognized in connection with submissions submitted as part of the Sweepstakes.
Notwithstanding that Sponsor is granted a non-exclusive license in entrant’s submission, entrants acknowledge that as a condition to being selected as a winner, Sponsor may request that the winner’s submission, and any rights therein, be assigned to Sponsor and entrants may be required to confirm such assignment by completing and submitting the Affidavit (defined below) (and any other documents reasonably required by Sponsor) or such entrant will otherwise be disqualified from receiving their prize. Entrants must maintain the ability to assign all such rights to Sponsor free of any limitations, restrictions or third party obligations. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of submissions and are not obligated to use any submission. Sponsor reserves the right to request entrants provide to Sponsor a written clearance document that provides written consent for an individual that appears in a submission. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning Sponsor. Entrants agree that Sponsor, nor its agents, shall be responsible for return or preservation of the submissions submitted. All submissions that are posted on the Website are available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet. Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have created ideas and concepts contained in their submission that may have familiarities or similarities to his/her own submission, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Sweepstakes Entities because of these familiarities or similarities. Nothing herein shall create an implied or express contract to compensate you for anything you submit to the Sponsor whatsoever. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules. Each entrant, by participating in the Sweepstakes, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
5. Representations, Warranties and Indemnity. Each entrant represents and warrants that he or she has read, understands and will follow the Official Rules. Entrants further represent and warrant that their submission and all materials and matter therein: (1) are wholly original with such entrant and are not a copy or imitation of any other material or entrant has obtained all necessary rights; (2) will not infringe or violate any right whatsoever, including, without limitation, any personal rights (e.g., defamation, privacy, false light, moral right, etc.) or any property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, right to ideas, etc.) of any person or entity and the use thereof will result in no third party liability or obligations; and (3) is not the subject of any threatened or pending litigation, claim or dispute that might give rise to litigation, which adversely affects or in any way prejudices, impairs or diminishes the rights granted hereunder or the value thereof. Each entrant further represents and warrants that he or she has the right to agree to and fully perform consistent with these Official Rules and the consent of no third parties are required to grant the rights hereunder. Further, each entrant represents and warrants that Sponsor’s use of any submission shall not violate an agreement to which such entrant has signed.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any third party claim, to the extent relating to any breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made by such entrant in connection with his or her acceptance of these Official Rules or Sweepstakes activities.
6. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. The potential winners will be selected through a random drawing on or about December 3, 2011 from all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winners. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winners will be final. The potential winners will be notified using the information provided during entry by any of the following means: E-mail and/or telephone and/or mail (as selected by Sponsor) in a commercially reasonable time after the drawing. Additionally, Sponsor may make a public announcement of the potential winners during an on-air promo during the season finale of “Sweetie Pie”; provided, however, if such individuals who are announced as potential winners do not meet the eligibility and/or other requirements set forth in these Official Rules, the winner may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an e-mail, placing of a phone call, one (1) day after sending via a delivery service or two (2) days after mailing. A potential prize winner who provides a P.O. Box may be required to provide an alternative address and this may cause a delay in notification and acceptance so use of a P.O. Box is discouraged.
The potential winners may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. If a potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. Parents or legal guardians of a winner under the age of majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Affidavit in order for the winner to be qualified to receive their prize. If a potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if a potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of a potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
7. Odds. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
8. Prizes and Values. Sponsor will be awarding five (5) prizes in this Sweepstakes. Each winner will receive: (i) a check in the amount of $500.00; and (ii) a donation of $500.00 in winner’s name to winner’s charity (i.e., a fully registered and recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization) of choice, and approved by Sponsor, at its sole discretion. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize awarded in this Sweepstakes is: One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00). The total ARV of all prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is: Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00).
Each potential winner must select a non-profit organization to which he or she wants the prize money to be donated within five (5) days of winner’s selection, in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to approve or disapprove of the charity selected by the potential winner for any reason, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Sponsor disapproves of the selected charity for any reason, in its sole discretion; the potential winner will be allowed to choose a different charity, which must also be approved by Sponsor. The winner will have no federal, state, or other tax liabilities for the donated portion of the prize awarded in this Sweepstakes, as the prize monies go directly from Sponsor to the non-profit organization, and Sponsor will receive the tax deduction. All details of the prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider’s rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the winners with their prize, the Sponsor may elect, to provide the winners with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for and winners will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials. If Sponsor determines at any time, in its sole discretion, that a winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, in violation of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that winner or potential winner, even if the disqualified winner or potential winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, are used. The ARV of the prize package is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize package will be awarded for tax reporting and background check purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winners, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prize received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
9. Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, each winner irrevocably grants the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the prize to the winners. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Sweepstakes Entities.
10. Tampering with Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Sweepstakes, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
11. Suspension / Modification / Termination. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence) Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or prize. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes; or (2) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (c) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
12. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Sweepstakes; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that Sweepstakes Entities: (A) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; (B) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, manufacturer or other person or entity furnishing services, products or accommodations (“Suppliers”) as a part of the prizes provided in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (C) will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to: (1) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service or product that is owned, operated, furnished or otherwise used by any of those Suppliers, (3) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sweepstakes Entities, and (4) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants agree and that the Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access the Website or Sponsor or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Sweepstakes Entities. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities and hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a Supplier that may be sent along with a prize.
Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
13. Entry Information and Sweepstakes Communications. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information entrants provide to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Sweepstakes or on a Sweepstakes winner’s list. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry may be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry for the domain associated with the submitted address provided that person is eligible. Winners may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. Registered account holder is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry may be deemed ineligible. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
14. Governing Law / Limitation of Liability. Except for idea submission claims, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. All idea submission claims brought by an entrant will be governed by and construed in accordance with the federal laws and internal laws of the State of New York, as interpreted by the federal and state courts located in New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Dispute Resolution. Except with respect to the protection and enforcement of the intellectual property rights of the Sweepstakes Entities and their rights to seek and/or obtain injunctive or equitable relief, any claim, cause of action or proceeding arising out of or relating to the these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall be resolved by mandatory, binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) as supplemented by AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The arbitration shall be conducted in Los Angeles, California, and the Federal Arbitration Act, and not any state law concerning arbitration, shall apply. The arbitration award shall be final and exclusive, and the prevailing party in the arbitration may file an action in court to confirm and to enforce the arbitration award. Any such action, or any claim, cause of action or proceeding not subject to arbitration as set forth in this section, shall be filed and adjudicated in a state or federal court in Los Angeles County, California, and all parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts. Entrants irrevocably waive any rights to seek and/or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief and any defense of forum non conveniens. Should either party pursue any other judicial or administrative action with respect to any matter included within the scope of this binding arbitration provision, the responding party will be entitled to recover its costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees incurred as a result of such action. Further, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
16. List of Sweepstakes Winners/Official Rules Requests. To receive a list of winners, send a stamped self addressed envelope to: “Sweepstakes Winners List”, OWN: OWN Digital LLC, 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 120, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (Attn: Head of Business & Legal Affairs). Please indicate which Sweepstakes winners list you are requesting by indicating the name of the Sweepstakes in your request. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Sweepstakes Official Rules”, OWN: OWN Digital LLC, 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 120, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (Attn: Head of Business & Legal Affairs) prior to the end of the Entry Period. Please indicate which Sweepstakes Official Rules you are requesting by indicating the name of the Sweepstakes in your request. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
18. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by OWN: OWN Digital LLC, 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 120, Los Angeles, CA 90036. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Sweepstakes.