Super Soul Sunday
Sundays at 11 a.m. ET/PT
Posted: Mon 08/12/2013 12:00 AM
In a special encore, Oprah sits down with don Miguel Ruiz, author of the New York Times best-selling book The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom. Originally introduced to Oprah and her audience by Ellen DeGeneres in 1999, Oprah selected the The Four Agreements as one of her Favorite Things.
During this candid interview, don Miguel shares how his near-death experiences opened him up to the more profound levels of spiritual awareness. Inspired to guide others on the spiritual path, don Miguel discusses the power of each of the four agreements:
1. Be impeccable with your word.
2. Don't take anything personally.
3. Don't make assumptions.
4. Always do your best.
Plus, find out how avid readers have been affected by the lessons of The Four Agreements.
Watch a preview above! Then, mark your calendar for Sunday, August 18, at 11 a.m. ET/PT.
Posted: Wed 08/07/2013 12:00 AM
I was pleased to see that they had read The Untethered Soul and gotten a lot from the book. Our discussions always seemed to come down to "Are there some concise tips for everyday life that would accelerate spiritual growth and awakening?" To augment my discussions with Oprah during the "Super Soul Sunday" interview, I thought I'd share my 12-Step Guide to Spiritual Awakening.
- Michael Singer
1. Realize that you are in there.
You must first come to realize that you are in there. From deep inside, you are experiencing this world. You are experiencing your physical body, your thoughts and your emotions. You are conscious and you are experiencing what it is like to be human.
2. Realize that you are not okay in there.
Look to see what's going on inside. If you want to understand why you've done everything you have ever done, if you want to see what's really going on, just observe your mind and emotions—just experience your inner state. If you objectively look, you will see that you are never completely at peace. You will see that you are not okay in there.
3. Realize that you're always trying to be okay. At any point when you look at the state of your inner being, you will see that something is bothering you. You will then notice that this causes urges, drives and impulses to do something about it. You will find yourself constantly trying to either get something or avoid something. All of this is done in an attempt to be okay.
4. Realize that your mind has taken on the job of figuring out how everything needs to be for you to be okay. If you watch, you will see that your mind is always telling you what you should and should not do, what others should and should not do, and how things should and should not be. All of this is the mind's attempt to first create a conceptual model of what would make you okay, and then try to get the outside world to match it.
Get the next 8 steps in Michael's 12-Step Guide to Spiritual Awakening
Then, watch Oprah and Michael's complete interview Sunday at 11 a.m. ET/PT.
Posted: Mon 08/05/2013 12:00 AM
In a "Super Soul Sunday" encore, Michael Singer, author of The Untethered Soul, sits down for his first-ever television interview to discuss his journey to inner peace and how we can all find spiritual freedom. Watch a preview and tune in August 11 at 11 a.m. ET/PT, only on OWN.
Posted: Sun 08/04/2013 02:00 PM
We wanted to know what your most burning questions about meditation. Now, Deepak Chopra is answering them himself. Watch to get the answers about everything from how you should sit to the best time of day to meditate.
Deepak shares his top 8 tips, based on your questions:
Find out how to assume the proper meditation position:
Posted: Sun 08/04/2013 02:00 PM
Meditation is an ancient spiritual practice that continues to play a important role in improving health and happiness in modern day life. Spiritual teacher Deepak Chopra says he started meditating 40 years ago to relieve stress and kick his smoking habit—and hasn't missed a day since.
Now, during his Meditation 101 discussion with Oprah, he's opening the door on this sometimes misunderstood practice. Watch on to learn more about the basics of meditation and find out how you can start today!
What is meditation and why should we try it? Find out how 20 minutes a day can change your life:
One common misperception about meditation is that it is a form of prayer. Find out why Deepak says meditation and prayer are two entirely separate things:
When Oprah interviewed rapper Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, she was suprised to find out he meditates with a mantra Deepak gave him. Watch to see why Deepak says a mantra is like taking a cab to your inner self, and find out which mantra you can start using today: