Pumpkin Bisque Recipe
- 2 cups pumpkin, butternut squash or sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup white onions, diced
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
- Pumpkin seed oil for garnish (optional)
1. Steam or boil the pumpkin or squash until tender.
2. Sauté onions over medium heat in olive oil until translucent.
3. Using a high-speed blender, combine pumpkin, onions, stock, garlic, wine, maple syrup and spices and blend until smooth.
4. Warm soup in saucepan. Serve hot, garnished with pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil, if desired.