- 2 cups celeriac peeled, chopped and boiled until fork tender
- 2 cups of russet potato, peeled chopped and boiled till fork tender
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (ex. unsweetened soy)
- 3 Tbsp. Earth Balance vegan butter
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
1. Once you have cooked the roots till fork tender, strain and add back to the pot. Set aside.
2. In hot pan on medium heat add olive oil, and onions tossing until lightly browned, add in the garlic stirring constantly until onions are translucent and golden.
3. Continue to add onions and all remaining ingredients to the cooked potatoes/celeriac, return to heat on low and with potato masher, mash until smooth and warmed. Smother with chanterelle gravy! You can also substitute parsnip, sweet potatoes, yams, pumpkin or butternut squash for the roots.