3 Amazin' Mason Jar Gift Ideas
Courtesy of Kristan Cunningham
- Line bottom of jar with a layer of moss. (this will eliminate a layer of brown water sitting at the bottom of the jar)
- Add a layer of pebbles or rocks. (this step is important as it will provide a little drainage so that your plants don't sit in water and rot)
- Scoop in and level out a thin layer of soil.
- Scoop in and level out a thin layer of sand (optional)
- Add another layer of soil.
- Begin to arrange and plant greenery...here's where the directions stop. You can add artificial elements, stick with one plant of species or mix several kinds, add a layer of glass..the truth is, there really are no rules.
- Mist lightly with water and enjoy the beauty AND the fact that these are almost impossible to kill :)
Published on August 07, 2012