To make Naomi's Chicken Continental and cook like a Judd, follow the recipe below! Then, check back each week for new recipes from Naomi to make in time for new episodes of The Judds, Sundays at 10/9c, only on OWN.
(makes 6 servings)
- 1/2 stick or 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- 3 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 level tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cups raw Indian rice (Mahatma) with saffron flavoring or 1 package (16 ounces) yellow rice, cooked according to package directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown on both sides, about 6 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
3. Into the drippings in the skillet, whisk the soup, celery flakes, and thyme until well blended. Heat until bubbly. Stir in the rice. Spoon the mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Place the chicken breasts on top and push them down into the rice mixture until almost covered. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
4. Bake in the 350 oven until the chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.