White Bean Puree Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Cristina Ferrare
Servings: Serves 4–6
White Bean Puree
- 2 cups fresh cooked white beans or 2 cans (15 ounces) white beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 fresh mint leaves , chopped
- 1 scallion , chopped fine
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 box water crackers or Parmesan crackers or crostini or grilled baguette or toasted sour dough bread
If using canned beans, reduce the salt to 1/2 teaspoon. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
Put in serving bowl and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the top. Sprinkle a pinch of Kosher salt and cracked pepper. Garnish with chopped fresh mint and lemon wedges to squirt on at the last minute. If desired, crumble some feta cheese over the top.
Serve with crackers, crostini, or grilled baguette.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
This recipe may appear slightly modified from what you've seen on television.
Printed from OWN.tv on Tuesday, December 10, 2013
© 2013 OWN, LLC. All Rights Reserved.