Servings: Serves 4–6
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley , chopped
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan , cubed
- 1 scallion , finely chopped
- 4 tsp. lemon zest , for garnish
- Cracked black pepper , to taste
- Finishing salt
- or truffle salt (optional)
- chives (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Walnuts for garnish, toasted or roasted and chopped
Boil the angel hair in 2 quarts of salted water for approximately 3 to 4 minutes or according to package cooking instructions. Pull out of the pot with tongs (do not strain) and place into a bowl. Save the extra pasta water in case the pasta gets too dry.
Add the butter, olive oil, parsley and lemon juice into the pasta and mix. Serve in small bowls. Garnish with a sprinkle of chives or scallion, Parmesan cheese (place the cubed Parmesan cheese in a food processor and pulse until cheese is pea-size or a bit smaller), finishing salt, cracked pepper and lemon zest.
Tip: Before transferring the pasta into serving bowl, swirl some of the hot pasta water in the bowl to warm it. Dump excess water from the bowl. This helps the pasta stay warm longer.
Inactive prep time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes