Picadillo Chicken Paella
- 1 cup regular uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 pound smoked chorizo sausage , sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 can stewed tomatoes , undrained (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can chicken broth (14 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 4 chicken legs , skin removed if desired
- 4 chicken thighs , skin removed if desired
- 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup frozen green peas , thawed
In baking dish, mix uncooked rice, sausage, raisins, tomatoes, broth and turmeric. Arrange chicken on top; press into rice mixture. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and paprika.
Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180°). Stir in peas. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Bake: 1 Hour 5 Minutes