- Vegetable oil
- 1 pound walleye or other delicate- to medium- texture fish fillets , about 3/4 inch thick
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup o Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup regular or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Tartar sauce , if desired
In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients (except tartar sauce) with hand beater until smooth. (If batter is too thick, stir in additional beer, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.) Dip fish into batter, letting excess drip into bowl.
Fry batches of fish in oil for about 4 minutes, turning once until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Serve hot with tartar sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook: 4 minutes
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; vitamin C 0%; calcium 8%; iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Carbohydrate choices: 1