- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Optional: Feta cheese
Rinse and thoroughly drain quinoa in cold water before cooking.
Place quinoa, 4 cups water, and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low (gentle simmer), cover, and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Let quinoa cool completely.
Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix well. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
Chill for at least 1 hour, or preferably over night.
If using, sprinkle with crumbled feta.
Yields: 4 to 6 servings
For more recipes from this episode, click here!fysrtvtybfrxrttx