- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ large yellow onion, chopped
- ¾ lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and cook until tender.
Add green beans, garlic and water.
Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the water evaporates and the beans are crisp tender.
In a small bowl, combine ginger, sugar, soy sauce and rice vinegar.
Once the green beans are crisp tender, add sauce mixture and cook for one more minute.
*Optional -- add additional soy sauce to taste.