You can make the biggest impact by writing your elected officials and asking them for change. Use these suggestions to get started.
- Mention up front that you are a constituent (i.e., you live in their district).
- Be specific. Discuss specific legislation or steps your elected officials can take to combat climate change and let them know you are watching their actions.
- Keep it short.
- Use a collaborative, rather than accusatory, tone. We must build partnerships to create change.
- Look beyond just state or national elected leaders. Your list of officials could include:
- City council representatives
- Religious leaders
- PTA/school leaders
- Leaders of professional associations