Love to buy and sell on eBay? Don't fall victim to an Internet scam. Follow eBay's top five online safety tips for a safe, satisfying shopping experience.
- Get to know your seller. Contact and communicate with them and research their reputation by checking their feedback rating.
- Pay safely. Pay with a fast, easy and secure payment method such as PayPal. Do not pay with cash or instant money transfer services. These methods are banned on eBay because they are unsafe.
- Never click on a link or reply to emails that ask for personal information. eBay and PayPal will never ask you for your account or credit card details, username or password in any communications.
- Download the eBay Toolbar with account guard. This will protect you against clicking onto fake eBay and PayPal websites.
- Educate yourself before trading on the Internet. Check out the eBay Security and Resolution Center for the latest tips and advice about how to avoid common buying mistakes that increase the risk of a bad buying experience.
Published on April 15, 2007