Dear Senator ______,
My name is ________, and I am a voter in your district. I am concerned about the current Pennsylvania dog laws and the horrific things that are currently legal in the state of Pennsylvania when it comes to dogs, breeders and breeding facilities. There are more than 2,100 breeding facilities in the state of Pennsylvania, and over 430 of these facilities have 100 dogs or more.
The time to act is now! I urge you to vote in favor of H.B. 2525, which recently passed in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives.
If it becomes law, H.B. 2525 will:
- Set standards for the largest of these facilities, which transfer 60 or more dogs a year or sell directly to pet stores or wholesale.
- Grant stronger protections for adult breeding dogs, which are kept in these facilities for years and continually bred.
- Prohibit allowed exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Require increased space and access to an exercise area and regular vet care, and prohibit keeping dogs in stacked wire cages.
- Prohibit commercial kennel operators from shooting or euthanizing dogs by anyone other than a veterinarian.
Please make it clear—by voting yes on H.B. 2525—that the currently legal inhumane dog breeding practices are not acceptable to Pennsylvanians.