Do you think your son or daughter is different from other children? Although every autistic child is unique, Dr. Anshu Batra, a pediatrician and mother of two autistic sons, shares common warning signs that parents can look out for:
- No babbling by 12 months
- Unresponsive to his/her own name by 12 months
- No pointing or other back-and-forth gestures by 12 months
- No single words by 16 months
- No two-word spontaneous phrases by 24 months
- Any loss of language or acquired skills
- Trouble socializing with other children
If you suspect that your child may be autistic, contact your pediatrician.
Please note that Harpo Productions, Inc., OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications LLC and their affiliated companies and entities have no affiliation with and do not endorse those entities or websites referenced above, which are provided solely as a courtesy. Please conduct your own independent investigation (including an investigation as to whether any contributions are tax deductible) before donating to any charity, project or organization. This information is provided for your reference only.