Excerpt from Just Who Will You Be?
And remember: Enjoy the ride!
- I pledge to "show up" in my life as myself, not as an imitation of anyone else.
- I pledge to avoid using the word "just" to describe myself. For example, I won't say, "I'm just a mother," "I'm just a student" or "I'm just an ordinary person."
- I pledge to give myself ten minutes of silence and stillness every day to get in touch with my heart and hear my own voice.
- I pledge to use my voice to connect my dreams to my actions.
- I pledge to use my voice to empower myself and others.
- I pledge to serve my community at least once a year in a way that will benefit other people.
- I pledge to ask myself, "Who am I? What do I believe in? What am I grateful for? What do I want my life to stand for?"
- I pledge to sit down and write my own mission statement.
- I pledge to live my own legacy.
- And I pledge to pass it on.