Oprah and Gayle slept here...and ate here, too! Find out more about all the discoveries they made along the way.
In Las Vegas
The road to Sedona
- Their car was:
- Oprah and Gayle stayed at:
Wynn Las Vegas Hotel
- They ate at the buffet at:
Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino
- Their camera:
- Gayle's favorite station:
Channel 23 on XM Satellite Radio
- Oprah's book:
Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
- Oprah and Gayle had lunch—and root beer—at:
Mr. D'z Route 66 Diner
- In the grocery store, Oprah and Gayle got some healthy snacks, including bananas, Fuji apples, yogurt, green tea and soda.
- They bought pillows at Beall's in Sedona, Arizona
- Wigwam Motel
- Navajo Nation Pow Wow
Window Rock Park
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Monte Vista, Colorado
- The Palace restaurant
- Durango Silverton Train
- Strater Hotel and Diamond Belle Saloon
- Louis L'Amour was a 20th century author primarily known for his Western novels, including his famous Sackett novels
- Oprah and Gayle had their portraits taken at Thru the Lens Fine Portraits
Dodge City, Kansas
- Oprah and Gayle stopped at a Dairy Queen
Road to Wichita
- Dodge House Hotel, Restaurant & Saloon
- They met members of the Dodge City Legend basketball team
- Oprah and Gayle had a dedication from The Heart—XM Satellite Radio channel 23—of Glen Campbell's "Wichita Lineman"
- Hyatt Regency Wichita
- Oprah and Gayle played bingo at Bingo Casino.
- Oprah and Gayle visited the Oklahoma Welcome Center
Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Paul Simon's song "Graceland" is from his album Graceland. His new CD, Surprise, is now in stores.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel
- They bought wedding gifts at Dillard's
- St. James Missionary Baptist Church
The road to Cincinnati
- The Peabody Memphis
- National Civil Rights Museum
- Oprah and Gayle used OnStar to find directions and call Quincy Jones.
- Cracker Barrel restaurant
The road to New York City
- The Cincinnatian Hotel
- Oprah and Gayle had a dedication from XM Satellite Radio of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York"