Best Friend Party
Oprah's best friend, Gayle King, has stood by her through it all—and is even The Oprah Show's most frequent guest. Send the husband and the kids out for the evening and use The Oprah Show's farewell episode as a good excuse to have a little one-on-one time with the person who's always had your back.
The Guest List
Just you and your bestie.
Walk down memory lane. Decorate the room with some of your favorite pictures of you and your best friend.
Break bread—literally—with recipes that honor America's favorite BFF, Gayle King, and her infamous food tours.
We know how much Oprah and Gayle love Miraval Spa—so why not create a spa of your own! Set up a manicure and pedicure station, hire a masseuse, give yourselves the pampering you deserve.
Focus on friendship. Get started with these songs:
The Parting Gift
- "You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler
- "Thank You for Being a Friend" by Andrew Gold
- "Lean on Me" by Bill Withers
- "With a Little Help from My Friends" by the Beatles
- "I'll Be There for You" by the Rembrandts
- "That's What Friends Are For" by Dionne Warwick
Take a moment before the party to create a cherished keepsake for one another:
- Buy a journal and record some of your favorite moments together in it. Be sure to leave blank pages for your future adventures together!
- Create a scrapbook for one another
- Write each other a letter about how much your friendship means