To keep some semblance of order in their Pennsylvania home, Kate has strict rules for her family...and the production crew.
1. Cameras aren't allowed past the island in Kate's kitchen.
2. Shoes off. Crew members shoot footage for the show in their socks.
3. No filming in the bedrooms. The kids—and parents—need privacy.
4. Typically, there's no shooting on Sundays because the entire family goes to church.
5. If there's something they don't want to be filmed, the Gosselins can put up their hands or ask the cameramen to go away.