- San Jose, California: With 300 sunny days a year and plenty of outdoor activities close at hand, men in San Jose have a built-in incentive to stay in shape, David says. And because it's the hub of Silicon Valley, San Jose is full of intelligent, driven, wealthy men. "And it's so ethnically diverse. If you want to sample from a wide menu … go to San Jose," he says.
- Salt Lake City: This stunningly beautiful city is rich with culture and full of educated men. Plus, your odds are outstanding. "The male-female ratios are great there," David says. "It's like one and a half guys to every woman—so you've got the guy and his better half."
- Arlington, Texas: David says Arlington tops the survey in "chemistry-building activities" like rollerblading, biking and kayaking—which make for perfect ice-breaking dates. It's also number one in philanthropy and has a low divorce rate.
- Raleigh, North Carolina: This city in North Carolina's Research Triangle is sometimes called the Smithsonian of the South. In addition to the impressive brain power, Raleigh is also close to the beach and the mountains. "There's so much to do there," David says.
- San Francisco: While this city is known for being gay-friendly, that doesn't mean it's not a great place to meet straight men, too. "It has a world-class mix of art and culture. You do have a lot of gay men, but you have a lot of single men as well," David says. "Men in San Francisco are among the fittest and among the most highly educated."
Did your city make Men's Health's top 20?