Photo: Invisible Children, Inc.
After 25 years of war waged by Joseph Kony's Lord's Resistance Army, Invisible Children is getting loud...by shutting up.
"There's so much noise in the world," Jason explains. "We thought, 'What if we all stayed silent for 25 hours?' So, on April 24, we're going silent for 25 hours, and we're asking people for their time, talent and money."
Help raise $25 for Invisible Children and pledge to stay silent beginning on April 24 at 7 p.m. Twenty-five hours later, Break the Silence events will be held in venues across 18 cities in the United States.
How it works:
To RSVP to a Break the Silence event in your city, you must have raised $25.
- Join the Invisible Children community
- Create a personal fundraising page
- Share your page with friends and family; raise $25
- Go silent beginning on April 24 at 7 p.m.
- Break your silence on April 25 at 8 p.m.
"If one percent of the people watching [The Oprah Show
] today gave $25, it would literally change the game," Jason says.
Where the Money Goes
Your $25 will be used to save lives by building:
- Radio towers to bring a twice-daily security broadcast to isolated communities warning where the LRA have been and where they might be next
- Search-and-rescue teams to locate children who have escaped from the LRA and return them home
- The region's very first full-scale rehabilitation center with counseling for former child soldiers before they return to their families
To learn more, sign up or donate to Invisible Children, visit InvisibleChildren.com