Hollywood's Dynamic Duo
It wasn't all fun and games on set. When Tom noticed some pain and swelling in his leg during filming, he made a trip to the doctor. "He looked at it and he pressed it and my leg was swelling up like a sausage. And he said, 'I have to put you in the hospital as soon as possible."
Tom was diagnosed with a severe staph infection that, according to his doctor, was about an hour away from giving him blood poisoning that would kill him. He was hospitalized for three days, and filming shut down for three weeks.