Money is a loaded topic. Many couples stop talking at the point of "how much," assuming the rest will take care of itself. But questions about money will infuse themselves into every area of your life and show up on a daily basis. These are a few questions you should ask:
- What is your annual income?
- Should individuals within a marriage have separate bank accounts in addition to joint accounts?
- Do you have significant debts?
- Do you believe in establishing a family budget?
- How important is it for you to make a lot of money?
Excerpted from Lies at the Altar
by Dr. Robin L. Smith. Copyright © 2006 Dr. Robin L. Smith. All rights reserved. Published by Hyperion. Available wherever books are sold.