Excerpt from The Seeker's Guide
- Who Has Authority? The hierarchy has the authority. Church authorities tell you how to worship in church and how to behave outside of church.
- What Is Spirituality? God, and the path to worship Him, have already been defined. All you need to do is follow the directions.
- What Is the Path to God? There is only one path. It is the right way and all other ways are wrong.
- What Is Sacred? Parts of yourself—like the body, or ego, or emotions—are evil. Deny or transcend or sublimate them or they will lead you astray.
- What Is the Truth? The truth is like a rock. Your understanding of it should never waver. Therefore ask the same questions and receive the same answers at all stages of life.
- Who Has Authority? You are your own best authority. As you work to know and love yourself, you discover how to live a spiritual life.
- What Is Spirituality? You listen within for your own definition of spirituality. Your deeper longings are your compass on the search.
- What Is the Path to God? Many paths lead to spiritual freedom and peace. You have a rich array of gems from which to draw illumination: the world's religious traditions; mythology; philosophy; psychology; healing methods; scientific wisdom; your own experience. String a necklace all your own.
- What Is Sacred? Everything is sacred—your body, mind, psyche, heart, and soul. The world is sacred, too, with all of its light and darkness. Bring the exiled and unloved parts of yourself back into the fold.
- What Is the Truth? The truth is like the horizon—forever ahead of you, forever changing its shape and color. Let your spiritual path change and diverge as you journey toward it. You live many lives in one lifetime. The truth accommodates your growth.