The Full Oprah's Book Club Webcast with David Wroblewski
Watch Oprah and David discuss the ending of The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, his inspiration for the novel and more.
Watch Now Listen Now Download
Highlights from Oprah's Webcast with David Wroblewski
- Why wasn't there a happy ending?
- Where did the idea for this book come from?
- Why did you create your own breed, and was Forte based on a real dog?
- Is Trudy flawed or strong, and is she based on a real woman?
- Why did you draw on the story of Hamlet in this novel?
- Was Almondine's character based on a real dog?
- How did Almondine die?
- Why did Claude buy the poison, and why did he really kill Gar?
- Why doesn't Edgar have any relationships outside of the farm?
- What is the significance of Henry and the storm?
- Why don't we ever find out how Edgar's parents met?
- What happens to the Sawtelle dogs?
- Why did Trudy start a relationship with Claude?
- Are you surprised by the book's success, and what was Oprah's aha! moment?
- Is your next project a sequel to The Story of Edgar Sawtelle?
Now Playing on Oprah.com: Oprah's Webcasts!
Miss one of Oprah's webcasts with her favorite experts? Want to see them all again?
Browse the archive to watch or download any webcast now.