Don't feel you have to talk about each question! If the group doesn't have a lot to say about a topic or doesn't seem interested in the question, move on to a question that gets them talking. Or better yet, see if any one in the group has a question they'd like to discuss.
Looking for some questions to get the conversation rolling? Here are some places to find them:
1. Get printable versions of the discussion questions from some of Oprah's Book Club selections!
2. Many publishers' websites now offer reading guides or discussion questions for their titles. (You may also find author background information, interviews and more!) These links will help you get started:
- HarperCollins (includes Avon Books, Amistad Press and William & Morrow)
- Random House (includes Knopf, Doubleday, Pantheon, Vintage Books, and Schocken)
- Penguin Putnam, Inc. (includes Viking, Dutton, Plume and Signet)
- Time Warner Books (includes Little, Brown and Company)