As we head home I can't help but feel sadness. I'm of course excited to see my family, but I just experienced something huge—South Africa! Before I came, I wanted to know the story of South Africa. This is what I've learned:
- South Africa is the story of people in oppression fighting to rise above.
- It's the story of cruelty fighting to be freed from the chains that bind. It's the story of diverse cultures trying to live in harmony with one another.
- It's the story of forgiveness.
- It's the story of deep humility and long suffering.
- Yet it's also the story of people standing up for themselves, saying, "We will not be treated like this anymore!"