The Poisonwood Bible
Posted by mertyworld: A Great Summer Book!
The Poisonwood Bible will take you to a place you've never been before with four young girls and their mother. You will get to experience life without all the things we take for granted everyday. This book will take you on a wild ride and you'll be constantly telling the mother to get those girls out of danger! The book takes you on a journey thru their lives as they grow older. Read this book this summer, I think I'll read it again, too! You won't regret it!
How to Write Your Own Review
We want to know what you think of this book! Read the suggestions for writing a review below, then post your review on the Oprah's Book Club message board. Bookmark this page and check back here often to see if your review has been featured!
- How did this book touch your life? Can you relate to it on any level? What do you believe is the message the author is trying to convey to the reader?
- Describe the character development in The Poisonwood Bible. How does Barbara Kingsolver use language and imagery to bring the characters to life?
- In your opinion, is the book entertaining? Explain why or why not.
- What did you learn from this book? Was it educational in any way?
- In conclusion, summarize your reading experience with The Poisonwood Bible. What grade would you give this novel?
- If you enjoyed this book, what other books would you recommend to fellow readers?
Above all else, have a good time putting your thoughts and opinions down in print! The best reviews are those that you would like to listen to or would give a friend.