We want to know what you think of this book! Read the suggestions for writing a review below, then post your review on the Oprah's Book Club message board.
Check this page often to see if your review has been featured!
- How did this book touch your life? Can you relate to it on any level? What do you believe is the message the author is trying to convey to the reader?
- Describe the character development in A Fine Balance. How does Rohinton Mistry use language and imagery to bring the characters to life?
- In your opinion, is the book entertaining? Explain why or why not.
- What did you learn from this book? Was it educational in any way?
- In conclusion, summarize your reading experience with A Fine Balance. What grade would you give this novel?
- If you enjoyed this book, what other books would you recommend to fellow readers?
Above all else, have a good time putting your thoughts and opinions down in print! The best reviews are those that you would like to listen to or would give a friend.
Posted by asha66:
I was born and raised in [Bombay] and saw a lot of the things around me that the author writes about...the slum life... the injustice of the caste system but most of all, the strength of the human spirit in India which never ceases to amaze me. We don't need a Dr Phil to tell us that bad things happen and to GET OVER IT, we just do. ... It might be hard for American readers to comprehend this, but we learn to look at the quilt of life as a whole and not in its patches. ... I would definitely recommend the book to others and I hope they can all look beyond the corruption, filth and adversity and see that the book is more about the human spirit and its struggle to prevail under any circumstances.
How did Oprah's discussion group feel about A Fine Balance?
More from A Fine Balance